LONDON, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Hertz Europe Limited, part of Hertz Global Holdings (NYSE: HTZ), is celebrating the fifth anniversary of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® loyalty program in Europe by offering program members who reside in the region the chance to win exclusive anniversary prizes when they book and complete a qualifying rental. Additionally, all Gold Plus Rewards members can now earn and redeem points at more locations globally, with new participating countries including Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden.
One lucky winner will receive 500,000 points, enough to enjoy more than 555 award rental days at any participating location globally. Additional prizes include 5,000 points for five winners, each enough for more than one reward rental week; five upgrades to Five Star and five to President Circle; and five vehicle upgrades for members to use on their next rental. Qualifying rentals must be booked between November 16th and December 15th 2016 and completed by December 15th 2016 with a minimum rental car hire period of two days and maximum hire for 28 days. Specific terms and conditions apply.*
During the last five years, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members residing Europe earned approximately 1,500,000,000 Gold Plus Rewards points - equivalent to 22,000,000 rewards rental days - for use in participating countries. Earned points can be used towards rental days and other optional services. Points do not expire as long as the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® member has either earned or redeemed points through rental activity in the prior 24 months.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards is free to join and available to sign up in more than 70 countries around the world. This year, the program's points rewards scheme has been opened to Gold Plus Rewards members residing in China, Denmark, Finland, Japan, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea, and Sweden.
All countries where points can be now redeemed include: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States and participating U.S. Territories.
Customers can enroll into the free Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program via the Hertz website, at the rental counter or on the phone. Members can skip the counter at 50 airport locations around the world and, at more than 4,000 locations worldwide, they can simply show their driver's license and pick up their keys. Further information can be found on the Hertz website here.
This year Hertz Gold Plus Rewards received top honors at the FlyerTalk Awards for the fifth consecutive year. The program was named the Best Rewards Program of the Drive category across the Americas, Europe/Africa and Middle East/Asia/Oceania and received the Outstanding Benefits recognition globally.
* Terms and Conditions of the Gold Plus Rewards® 5th Anniversary Prize Draw Competition
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is a condition of entry. By entering this competition you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. 'The Promoter' of this Gold Plus Rewards® 5th Anniversary Prize Draw Competition ('The Competition') is Hertz Europe Limited of Hertz House, 11 Vine Street Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1QE, UK). These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The prize draw is available to Gold Plus Rewards members who reside in the following countries and regions: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom
- Platinum tier members and former No 1 Club members are not eligible for entry into this prize draw.
- Member must select to receive Gold Plus Rewards points on their member profile prior to booking.
- Entry to the prize draw will be for bookings from 16th November 2016 to 15th December 2016 ('The Prize draw Period'). The closing time is 23:59 GMT on 15th December 2016.
- To be eligible for the competition, Gold Plus Rewards® members must complete a 'Qualifying Car Rental Transaction' and need to contain the following elements:
- The promotional coupon (PC) code 203266 is required at the time of reservation.
- The entry is valid on paid rentals picked up to 15th December 2016 at Hertz locations.
- Minimum rental car hire period is two (2) days and maximum rental car hire is twenty eight (28) days.
- Hertz standard rental Terms and Conditions apply to all rentals, including minimum age restrictions.
- All valid Qualifying Car Rental Transactions will be automatically entered into the competition and will equate to one entry into the competition draw.
- Members may enter more than once providing they make a 'Qualifying Car Rental Transaction' within the entry dates. Each 'Qualifying Car Rental Transaction' during the promotional period.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected reservations which may be eligible for competition entry.
- The prize draws will be completed on, or before, end of the day GMT on Tuesday 20th December 2016.
- The winners of the completion will be randomly selected from all valid entries either (i) using a computer process or (ii) by an independent person or under the supervision of an independent person – depending upon the nature of the prize.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
- There are 5 (five) prizes available to win which will be distributed as follows:
- 1 winner of 500,000 Gold Plus Rewards points
- 5 winners of 5,000 Gold Plus Rewards points
- 5 winners of a President's Circle Tier upgrade for one year
- 5 winners of a Five Star Tier upgrade for one year
- 5 winners of a double-car-class upgrade
- Gold Plus Rewards points will be deposited in the Hertz website profile of the winners within 28 days of the winners being notified of their prize.
- Gold Plus Rewards tier upgrades will be actioned within 28 days of the winners being notified of their prize.
- The prizes are as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services.
- The prize is non-transferable and must be taken by the relevant winner.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS
- The winners will be contacted by the Promoter on or before 6th January 2017 in writing using the contact details provided by the member in their Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® profile.
- If a winner cannot be contacted within this period, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner from the prize draw.
- The name (initial and surname) and region of the winner will be available on request by enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope within 6 weeks of the notification date to: Gold Plus Rewards Team EMEA, Hertz House, 11 Vine Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1QE.
USE OF ENTRIES
- By entering the competition, the member agrees that in the case of winning a prize, the winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes and other communications in any reasonable means and media.
- All Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® rules apply.
- Go to hertz.com for Gold Plus Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions.
About Hertz Global
Hertz Global operates the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty vehicle rental brands, through its operating company The Hertz Corporation, in approximately 10,000 corporate and franchisee locations throughout North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Hertz Global is one of the largest worldwide airport general use vehicle rental companies, and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, Carfirmations, Mobile Wi-Fi and unique vehicles offered through the Adrenaline, Dream, Green and Prestige Collections set Hertz Global apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz Global owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation, operates the Hertz 24/7 hourly vehicle rental business in international markets and sells vehicles through its Rent2Buy program. For more information about Hertz Global, visit: www.hertz.com.
Hertz Media Relations
Telephone: (844) 845-2180 (toll free from the U.S.) and (+1) 239-301-6300
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Hertz Global Holdings